Camp Towanda offers instruction and competition in every sport!
Join our Towanda Team this summer!
Camp Towanda is the premier co-ed, 7 week sleep-away camp for children ages 7-17. We offer a well rounded program of activities from sports, to the waterfront, Outdoor Adventure and the Arts.
There are typically six, 50 minute long activity periods per day. You will be directly involved with the curriculum planning, participant engagement and execution of a successful program related to your sport with various age groups (boys and girls).
Sports we offer:
- Field Hockey
- Flag Football
- Martial Arts
- Roller / Street Hockey
- Track & Field
- And MORE…
Athletic Instructors typically also work with the campers as a counselor, living in a cabin with campers and other co-counselors. Working at Camp Towanda as a counselor provides hands-on experience and leadership opportunities, while building skills that hiring managers are looking for, such as flexibility, adaptability, initiative, self-direction, social and cross-cultural skills, productivity, accountability, leadership and responsibility. When you are not at your specialty, you will be with your assigned group of campers as a counselor, ensuring safety, team-building, growth and development in all activities and in life at camp.
Check out a message from our Athletic Director here!
(scroll to the bottom of the page for the video)
PAID INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE!
- Build upon the knowledge of your sport and strengthen your coaching skills while applying classroom learning, theories, and experiences in a real world setting.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Manage multiple teams and coordinate games, scrimmages and tournaments
- Understand logistics in tournament play, transportation, programming and coordination within the organization and working with other camps.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to hundreds of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network.
As an Athletic Coaching Intern, you will also be an Activity Specialist in your associated sport or discipline. You will be assigned a mentor, working closely with our Athletic, Program and Tournament Directors on tournament scheduling, coaching strategies, and managing equipment inventory. You will also coach teams of your own and work directly with many department heads in all land and water sports.
Benefits of Interning & working at Camp Towanda:
- Individually tailored experience to meet your goals, working with school advisors so that you get the most out of your internship.
- Hands on program, working directly in your discipline.
- Real world work experience in an exciting, immersive, supportive environment.
The next step is to fill out our online application. We will then connect to set up a video interview over Zoom. Our internships are integrated with our hired camp counselor positions; there is one application. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. 570-253-3266 or email@example.com