CHILDREN’S SERVICES COUNCIL OF PALM BEACH COUNTY
SUMMER INTERN POSITION
The purpose of the Summer Internship Program is to introduce diverse local college students to vast opportunities available within the world of social services. Interns will learn and grow in a supportive environment though job shadowing, participation on cross-functional teams, mentoring, comprehensive program or project development, and hands-on experiences. Additionally, they’ll work with other interns on a self-selected team project. Through this exchange, interns will be exposed to ways they can directly and positively impact the lives of our community members.
The Programmatic intern will work with staff to enhance their interest, understanding and skills of programmatic work in the social service arena. The intern will focus on supporting community and provider engagement activities around Reimagining the Palm Beach County Early Care and Education system supporting children ages zero to five years and:
· Collaborating with other individuals and community organizations
· Attending Program Department meetings and assisting with meeting preparation and follow-up
· Assisting with special projects
· Conducting regular reviews of data (analysis and synthesis) with staff to help inform decisions
· Participating in stakeholder engagement activities that support the community
· Accompanying staff on provider agency monitoring and/or site visits in the community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively
- Demonstrate independence and high motivation
· Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Ability to initiate and follow up on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to track outcomes
· Ability to represent the Children’s Services Council in a professional manner
· Commitment to confidentiality, honesty and ethics
Familiarity with commonly used application software: Microsoft Office Program (Excel, Outlook, Word).
Undergraduate (Sophomore/Junior/Senior) student with a major or concentration area in public administration, health and human services, psychology, sociology, early childhood education or related field.
To be considered, candidates must submit a cover letter and resume online at https://www.vscyberhosting.com/cscpbc/ by 5:00 p.m. January 13, 2023.
Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County, 2300 High Ridge Road, Boynton Beach, FL 33426.