Senior Health Services seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing and communications while working to gain exposure and experience with member and client communications, managed care, and Medicare Advantage group operations.
Check out the Internships at Emergent Holdings video to learn more.
Work is performed in a home office setting with no unusual hazards.
Actual compensation decision relies on the considerations of internal equity, candidate’s skills and professional experience, geographic location, market and other potential factors.
It is not standard practice for an offer to be at or near the top of the range, and therefore a reasonable estimate for this role is between $17 and $33 per hour.
- Focus on client and member communications for our Medicare Advantage groups, helping with both communications that go to members and those that go to employer group decision makers.
- Develop presentations, edits presentations, presents complex information and topics in an easy-to-understand format.
- Coordinate development of Medicare Advantage group internal policy and procedures.
- Learn project management tools and business processes.
- Assist in organization of communications throughout the program lifecycle.
- Help develop and maintain a communications library that is identified as a source of truth for all Medicare Advantage group materials.
- Prepare and deliver presentation(s) on assigned topic(s).
- Attend unit, departmental, and corporate meetings as assigned.
- Show learning and both personal and professional growth and understanding of responsibilities.
- Gain an understanding of how Company runs and how Workers Compensation Insurance and/or Medicare Advantage works.
- Show punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments.
- Manage multiple deadlines.
- Complete miscellaneous assignments as assigned.
- Use company software applications to complete assignments.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
- Have status as a sophomore, junior or senior as of the end of the spring term (or be enrolled in an applicable graduate program).
- Hold a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (as of the most recent grading period).
- Be able to work full-time during normal business hours for the summer.
- Be available to begin employment between mid-May and mid-June.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- Currently enrolled and active in any educational degree program that aligns with our various businesses.
- With proper educational credentials, no experience required. However, previous work experience preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers and company standard software; Internet research experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to proofread documents for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individuals aware of same for decision making.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts and other information.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines while maintaining composure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an “at will” basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.