Scope of Responsibilities: The Assistant Athletic Director is responsible, along with the Athletic Director and Staff, to promote the philosophy of Southside Christian School Athletics, provide oversight of athletic events, and to model and mentor young coaches in promoting excellence in SCS athletics.
The Assistant Athletic Director works directly under the supervision of the Executive Director of Athletics and is a member of the Athletic staff.
- Teach two to three classes as assigned, not to exceed three classes. Currently, the position is to teach middle school girls’ physical education.
- Coach at least one extracurricular sport.
- Take oversight and aid coaches in the pre-game and post-game preparation of gym and fields.
- Meet weekly with the Executive Director of Athletics.
- Be available after school to provide oversight at home contests and a specified number of away contests.
- Provide a line of communication to the middle and high School administrative team concerning athletic matters.
- Be completely knowledgeable of and operating within the SCHSL rules, regulations, and eligibility in Planet HS which includes verifying athletes’ physical forms, parental consent forms, medical release forms, and birth certificates.
- Provide input to the Executive Director of Athletics for evaluation of coaches.
- Update reservations for athletic facilities on Tandem.
- Be prepared to connect with female student athletes on sensitive issues should the need arrive.
- Schedule officials in Arbiter and have schedules in mySCS.
- Provide information to the SCSHL and maintain required SCHSL forms related to eligibility.
- Maintain records and communicate with members of the Athletic Association.
- Reconcile budget each month with department purchases and income.
- Maintain the athletic department checkbook while paying the officials and security.
- Bill all participation fees and any additional billing.
- Must be a born-again believer in Jesus Christ; be involved with an evangelical, protestant church of like faith and practice; and agree with the philosophies, Statement of Faith, and Statement of Christian Life Commitment of Southside Christian School.
- Have a commitment to the mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives of Christian schooling as expressed by Southside Christian School demonstrated by their eligible children enrolled in Southside Christian School.
- Must be able to articulate a deep understanding of a biblically informed philosophy of Christian athletics.
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in physical education, Bible, or business.
- Must have ACSI certification or the willingness to earn ACSI certification.
- Must be a person with proven spiritual, moral, and leadership qualities, and be capable of developing a strong rapport with fellow coaches and student athletes.