*Please note: this is an unpaid internship opportunity. Academic credit is available.
We’re seeking interns to serve as our inaugural Hunger Relief Ambassadors (HRA), a new program through which we aim to support our ongoing efforts with Neighborfood Express (https://neighborfoodexpress.org/hunger-relief-ambassador). HRAs will engage in active fundraising, volunteering, and networking activities, all designed to help us lift kids and families permanently out of food insecurity.
Participation in the internship will provide you with invaluable access to experienced professionals in such fields as marketing, charitable solicitation, and community networking. You will also have the opportunity to create and complete special projects centered on eliminating hunger and promoting higher self-sufficiency.
What you’ll do:
- Commit to a minimum 8-week term of service in the program
- Assist us with developing effective fundraising strategies, tactics, and reporting
- Research, identify, and provide insightful analysis regarding potential donors, including incentivized programs and strategic brand-to-brand partnerships
- Assist us with the creation of tactical marketing strategy plans and campaign status reports
- Develop and participate in various different volunteer activities, focused on strengthening our community ties and boosting our overall impact
- Complete a customized special project, designed to amplify your personal community impact in the fight against food insecurity
- Meet your minimum individual fundraising goal of $500 over the course of your participation in the program
What you’ll gain:
- Invaluable experience in the fields of fundraising, marketing, professional networking, and more
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
- Valued insights into building and maintaining lasting relationships with donors and stakeholders
- The lifelong reward of having helped lift countless kids & families permanently out of food insecurity!
Qualified applicants have excellent communication skills and are well-versed in effective fundraising and marketing techniques. Must also have the ability to increase productivity and routinely improve methods and approaches, with a demonstrated commitment to continuous learning.
Applicants must be motivated to work independently and meet minimum individual fundraising goal of $500.